Wednesday 6 March 2013

Merrimack

 Would you like a sneak peek of this years 'Block of the Month' Merrimack? 

Here is the centre... just a little more to piece and I will be able to show you the finished quilt top. 
This years project is more of a traditional sampler -
with repeat blocks and larger chunks of fabric than Mrs Billings or Robins Nest. 
The colours are a bit stronger than I usually use too!


There are a few appliqué blocks using simple leaves and pomegranate designs.

Large, medium and small blocks made with acrylic templates pieced on the machine or by hand.

And one of my favourite things... borders, lots of borders!


Must get back to stitching,


12 comments:

  1. Looks very inviting Karen, can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh karen, this quilt is STUNNING! I cannot find information about the BOM on the website?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Baukje. I am just putting the finishing touches in place now and calculating yardage, then we will start ... keep watching!

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. Those are really nice border fabrics, can you tell me what Fabric collection they are from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary, good to hear from you. The fabric range is The Mill Girls by Judie Rothermel. I love borders and this one called out - pick me, pick me!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful quilt.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is really gorgeous. I will keep watching your progress and maybe next year when I come to Melbourne I will buy the whole set and show you my finished Mrs. Billings. I had a great time at your store. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too Cissa. I can't wait to see your progress on Mrs Billings.

      Delete
  6. I love the Mill Girls fabric collection! Even though I already have two quilts started in it, I think I will have to sign up for this BOM as well. I'll be looking out for information on it!! Thanks for the sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your help Karen, I found the entire collection here in the states and Ordered plenty of it. I hope that you make your block of the month a pattern Some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt. How many inches will the width and height be? I am planning on making it when your pattern comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your BOMs are stunning, but Merrimack is by far the most gorgeous I've seen in a long time. Will it be available as a kit?

    ReplyDelete